Saturday 31 July 2010

I don't want to set the world on fire...

"...I just want to start a flame in your heart".

So, here we have something a little different. As a lot of you will know, Sacré Coeur means 'Sacred Heart' in French. The name is most commonly associated with Sacré Coeur Basilica in Paris which is an absolutely stunning cathedral set up high on a hill, visible from miles around. So, obviously, the name has religious connotations as well as a literal meaning. I chose the name because, as well as having a pretty sound to it, the Sacred Heart has always been a favourite image of mine, despite my lack of religious leanings of any description. I may not be religious but that doesn't stop me from having a fascination with religious imagery and symbolism! Anyway, as such, I decided it was high time I introduced a Sacred Heart into my repertoire... which got me thinking about a mini-collection of other heart inspired designs. So, without further ado, allow me to introduce the first in a new line of cameos...


The Sacred Heart and Locked Heart cameos, set on an antique effect, dry-brushed cameo setting are reproduced from my own hand carved designs here in my studio and then hand painted individually by myself. This ensures that, though they come from the same moulds, no two will ever be identical! The fact that they are hand painted also allows for a certain degree of customisation so, should a customer require a pink heart, for example, I can provide. These cameos are large so no detail is lost. They are guaranteed to stand out and are definitely eye-catching enough to make a statement. Available on 16" chain or mounted on a length of ribbon to allow the length to be adjusted.


These will be available shortly from my Bigcartel store and my Etsy store and will also be on sale, as well as other upcoming new designs, at the London Tattoo Convention & Whitby Gothic Weekend later on this year.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Emily W. Bach said...

wow! I see what you do is awesome! I'm from Mexico, but I love your style ... victory season, cameos, wow. I wish I could buy any of your creations, and I'll see as you do but I'll have some lol. We read us...

Teayam Tasbihgou said...

I'm so pleased you like what you see! It means a lot <3

Stay tuned as there will be a lot more from me on this blog now :) Hope the heat isn't too much for you in Mexico!